How do I use the catalog?
From the website (here!):
- Click on "Find Books, DVDs & More" in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
- Type search terms.
- Click on "GO."
This will direct you to the catalog, showing your search results.
Or, you can click on "Log In" to open the catalog to sign in or perform an advanced search.
You can search from the website (see above question) or from the catalog. From the catalog:
- Click on “Enter Your Search Here!” in the upper left corner.
- Type in your search terms and hit “Enter” or click “GO!”
Too many search results? Click on “Search All Fields” to change your searching options:
Title Starts With will search from the beginning of the title.
Title Phrase will search titles that contain the word(s).
**The above require you to know (and type) the exact title. ‘To Kill a Mockingbird” will have results, but “To Kill a Mocking Bird” will not.**
Search by Author by typing his/her name.
Search based on topic using Subject.
Note: Subjects are determined by the Library of Congress and may not be the same words you may use. Also, not every one may be in the item’s record.
- Click on the words in the blue bar to reorder your results.
- Example: Click on “Location” to see results by age / section
- Example: Click on “Title” to see results in alphabetical order.
- Click on a title to read the description. Click on it again to close it.
- Items with a green background are in the library. Items in reddish-pink are checked out but can be reserved.
From the website (here!), click "Log In" in the upper right hand corner. This will open the catalog and the log in area will flash red.
- Type in your patron number (found on the back of your card).
- Type in your phone number.*
- Click “Log In" or hit "Enter."
*Your account is automatically set with the phone number(s) you gave to the library, but you have the option to set your own password.
Can't log in? Contact the library at (505) 897-0733 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Log into your account.
- Perform a search and click on a result to open the item’s description.
- Click on “Reserve this Item.”
You can also log into your account after finding the item in the catalog. Logging in will not erase the current screen.
- Log in and click on “My Account.”
- Click on “Items Out / Renewals.”
- Click on “Renew All Items” or “Renew” (for one item).
Items may not be renewable if a) someone has them on reserve or b) if they reach their renewal limit. Call the library at (505) 897-0733 or email email@example.com if you need to keep an item longer